|Location||1476 Richmond Road, Staten Island, New York|
|Coordinates||40°35′34″N 74°6′3″W / 40.59278°N 74.10083°WCoordinates: 40°35′34″N 74°6′3″W / 40.59278°N 74.10083°W|
|Architectural style||Domestic vernacular|
|NRHP Reference #||76001269|
|Added to NRHP||January 1, 1976|
The house was originally built by Pierre Billiou, a Huguenot who arrived at New Amsterdam fleeing religious persecution in Europe in 1661. He founded Oude Dorp (Old Town) in the same year, and subsequently received a land grant on Staten Island, erecting the original stone section of the house about 1662. His daughter Martha (1652-1736) inherited the property and resided there with her husband, Thomas Stillwell (1651-1705), and later with her second husband, Rev. David de Bonrepos (1654-1734). She married Rev. de Bonrepos in 1711.
The building has a shingled, sloping roof, and a Dutch jambless fireplace, which is very high and has a large stone hearth. A secret chamber opens into a room that features a ceiling with exceptionally large beams. Owned by Historic Richmondtown, the house is occasionally open to the public on a limited schedule or by appointment.
- National Park Service
- Staten Island Historical Society
- Neighborrhood Preservation Center, NY, NY
- Historic Richmond Town