433 Willamette Street|
|Coordinates||44°03′19″N 123°05′32″W / 44.05528°N 123.09222°WCoordinates: 44°03′19″N 123°05′32″W / 44.05528°N 123.09222°W|
|Owned by||City of Eugene|
|Line(s)||Union Pacific Railroad|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Passengers (2015)||98,523 3.6%|
Southern Pacific Passenger Depot
Interior of the Eugene Depot
|Architect||Modeled after stations by H. H. Richardson|
|Architectural style||American Craftsman, Richardsonian Romanesque|
|NRHP Reference #||07000823|
|Added to NRHP||August 16, 2007|
Eugene–Springfield is a historic train station in Eugene, Oregon, United States. It is served by Amtrak's Coast Starlight passenger train and is the southern terminus of the Amtrak Cascades. The station is also served by the Cascades POINT bus service.
The current station is the third passenger depot built at this location. Built of masonry, it is one of five masonry depots that still exist along the original Southern Pacific West Coast line. The other depots are in Albany, Medford, Roseburg and Salem.
Southern Pacific sold the building to the Jenova Land Company in 1993, and ten years later the city of Eugene bought the depot as part of a plan to develop a regional transportation center. In 2004, the city oversaw a $4.5 million restoration project. Workers restored the exterior brickwork and trim and gutted and renovated the interior. New tile floors, oak and fir trim, covered ceilings, wooden benches and expanded bathrooms were installed.
- Southern Pacific Railroad Passenger Station and Freight House another former Southern Pacific station in Springfield on NRHP.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2015, State of Oregon" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2015. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- Style & Vernacular: A Guide to the Architecture of Lane County, Oregon. Western Imprints, The Press of the Oregon Historical Society. 1983. ISBN 0-87595-085-X.
- "Heritage Programs: National Register—Recent Nominations". Oregon Parks and Recreation Department. Retrieved 2007-09-19.
- Christie, Tim (September 7, 2007). "Railroad depot speeds into history books". The Register-Guard. Retrieved 2007-09-19.
- "Eugene Station". Amtrak's Great American Stations. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- Media related to Southern Pacific Depot in Eugene at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Eugene, OR
- Waymarking.com gallery with old postcard images
- National Register nomination
- Amtrak Stations Database
- Eugene, OR (EUG) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)