RapidRide A Line
RapidRide bus running on the A Line
|Operator||King County Metro|
New Flyer DE60LFA|
New Flyer DE60LFR
|Began service||October 2, 2010|
|Start||Tukwila International Boulevard Station|
|Via||Pacific Highway South|
|End||Federal Way Transit Center|
Peak: 10 minutes|
Off-peak: 15 minutes
Late night: 30-70 minutes
|Weekend frequency||15 minutes (most times)|
|Journey time||44 minutes|
|Daily ridership||10,100 (weekday average, spring 2015)|
|Timetable||A Line timetable|
|Map||A Line map|
|B Line →|
The A Line is one of six RapidRide lines (routes with some bus rapid transit features) operated by King County Metro in King County, Washington. The A Line began service on October 2, 2010, running from Tukwila to Federal Way, mostly along Pacific Highway South. The northern terminus is Tukwila/International Boulevard Station. From there, riders can transfer to Sound Transit's Link light rail, the RapidRide F Line, or to other King County Metro buses that serve Burien, Tukwila, SeaTac, Georgetown, SoDo, and downtown Seattle. Its southern terminus is Federal Way Transit Center and connects riders to buses serving Tacoma, Pierce County, and Auburn. Between the termini there are a total of 13 stations plus 13 intermediate stops.
This corridor was previously served by King County Metro route 174 which carried an average of 5,570 riders on weekdays during the last month in service. Since the implementation of RapidRide on the corridor, ridership has grown 81 percent and the A Line served an average of 10,100 riders on weekdays in spring 2015.
|4:15 am – 4:45 am||15||30|
|4:45 am – 7:00 am||15||15|
|7:00 am – 9:00 am||10||15|
|9:00 am – 2:00 pm||15||15|
|2:00 pm – 6:00 pm||10||15|
|6:00 pm – 10:00 pm||15||15|
|10:00 pm – 4:15 am||30-70||30-70|
Between 10:00 pm and 4:15 am, service operates on a schedule; all other times are estimated headways.
- "King County Metro Transit's Bus Rapid Transit System". May 4, 2009. Retrieved June 21, 2015.
- 2015 Service Guidelines Report (PDF). King County Metro. October 2015. p. A-22. Retrieved December 11, 2015.
- "Metro's new RapidRide "A" Line to connect Tukwila and Federal Way launches Oct. 2" (Press release). King County Department of Transportation. October 1, 2010. Retrieved June 21, 2015.
- "Pacific Highway South RapidRide". King County Metro Transit. October 9, 2007. Retrieved March 30, 2009.
- "Pacific Highway South RapidRide > Map". King County Metro Transit. October 9, 2007. Retrieved March 30, 2009.
- "Metro Route 174 Map". King County Metro Transit. Retrieved May 6, 2009.
- Lindblom, Mike (July 7, 2014). "RapidRide use is way up". The Seattle Times. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- "RapidRide A Line: Schedule". King County Metro. September 27, 2010. Retrieved October 4, 2010.
- A Line website
- RapidRide website
- RapidRide Blog
- King County Metro
- Prototype bus photo sets on Flickr